You’ve heard of spring cleaning, but what about winter? Snow, slush, sleet, and other weather elements can lead to even more contaminants in your business than springtime pollen! Not to mention, holiday parties. That’s why it’s important to implement an annual winter cleaning checklist to keep your business in top condition.
- Don’t Forget to Dust: Wipe down surfaces, corners and edges. Dust can carry pathogens that can cause illnesses, in addition to aggravating allergic reactions.
- Rev up the Vacuum: An often overlooked task, vacuuming is one of the most important ways to keep your carpets in top shape. Vacuum at least once a week to remove insects that are seeking shelter in carpet or rugs, skin cells from people who live or work in the area, and other particles and debris that may be caught in your floor.
- Wash Floors: Mopping hard floors is an easy way to help prevent any bacteria that may be lingering around, especially in your workplace kitchen.
- Schedule a Professional Carpet Cleaning: A professional carpet cleanse traps and lifts dirt and stains. This approach addresses immediate stains while also preventing soil buildup in the fiber base. When practiced routinely, this process prevents your carpet from taking on a dull appearance.
- Don’t Forget Furniture: Oiling wood furniture will help accentuate patterns in the wood, while also keeping furniture safe from elements like humidity, heat, and sun fading.
- Keep Vents Clear: Vents can get clogged with deposits of dust or debris if they aren’t cleaned often. This creates more dust and debris on surfaces, carpet, and other hard-to-clean areas of your property.
- Wash Bathroom Counters: Your workplace bathroom is host to a significant amount of bacteria and germs. Make cleaning your counters not just a winter checklist, but a weekly one. This helps keep employees safe and healthy.
- Do a Kitchen Clean Sweep: Before holiday break, clean the office refrigerator, microwave, and other appliances. The last thing you want to come back to is expired food in the office breakroom, potentially attracting rodents.
Are you feeling overwhelmed about winter cleaning? ServiceMaster has been a leader in the cleaning industry for more than 50 years. Talk to us about the tough stuff – from stubborn carpet stains to dangerous mold.